Sunday, June 4, 2017

Remmina Resolution

Just dropping in for a quick update. I've worked with a number of remote desktop clients in Linux, and one that has stuck with me for some time now has been Remmina. Some of my friends have asked about how I deal with resolution in Remmina and choosing between fullscreen and weird, crappy resolution.

I set the resolution I want, of course.

When you fire up Remmina for the first time, it creates a .remmina directory in your home directory. In there is remmina.conf. While Remmina is not running, edit that file, find the line labeled "resolutions=" and add your desired resolutions. Clean up resolutions you won't use, as long as you're at it. Here are the resolutions I have.

1024x768,1440x900,1920x1080

It's important to make sure that Remmina is not running, and that it's not hiding out in the system tray/task bar/whatever, as Remmina will write out the config file again when the program exits.

No comments:

Post a Comment